Thursday, April 14, 2011

Never Too Much Polish

So today, here are a few of my mani's that I've had before starting this blog.

I called this funky french "Appletini" Base coat is Milani Green Glow which was a very sheer and shimmery lime green. It took about 5 coats to get it looking anything like the pictures. After it was nice and dry I used a little scotch tape to make my tips and put on Milani's Ruby Jewels. I also used Ruby Jewels as my pedi but I have a huge fear of my own feet so I don't think I'll ever take pictures of that for this blog. It's a gorgeous glittery red and it was good enough with just one coat. Here is my "Appletini" manicure.



After this mani I decided to try out the Ruffian look that I had been reading about. For the base coat I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away! It's such a lovely bright blue, it's even my current pedi.  I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Hot Magenta as an accent color which was a beautiful bright and shimmery pink. For the contrast color on top I used Milani Silver Dazzle. What can I say about Silver Dazzle? It was AMAZING out in the sun. I should have taken pics of it sparkling outside. It was highly distracting, definitely don't wear it if you're going to be doing a lot of driving in the day time. The only thing I didn't like about it was so chunky but luckily a double coat of my trusty NYC Extra Shiny Top Coat fixed that up. For a first attempt at Ruffian it went alright minus the flaws I felt that were glaringly obvious to me. I'm not an expert at cleaning up yet either.





The SHXW Blue Me Away! was really tough on my nails with the staining, so when I put on my new base coat for my new marble mani you could see through it a little. I wasn't too worried since I'd be covering it up with a marble anyway. Also, ignore the impressions on the polish, apparently I fell asleep before it dried. Here is my base coat, Milani's Pink Out Loud and it's frosty, shimmery goodness.




I did a marble on top of this using Milani's Purple Passion (shimmery and frosty just like Pink Out Loud and Green Glow) Pure Ice's Calypso (another shimmery and frosty blue) along with Pink Out Loud.



After this mani I put on Pure Ice's Wild Thing which I would definitely consider a jelly, very thick and great with just one coat.



On top of this I used Wild Thing, Pure Ice's frosty yellow Unzip Me and Pure Ice's other frosty orange, Really Rio.



It seemed to me that Unzip Me sort of blended with Really Rio and Wild Thing because I couldn't really see it come through too well. Regardless of that disappointment, K thought this marble reminded her of Sunflowers, I just labeled it Orange Lime in my pile of pics. For some reason I wasn't completely satisfied with this mani, I felt like it needed something more, so I pulled out my Pure Ice Don't You Wish. It was just enough of a sparkly glitter to make me feel immediately better about my mani. Good decision making skills!

Tomorrow I will I get to show you guys the current mani's my sisters and my mom have been sporting this week as well as mine! Around Sunday night I'll probably take off my current mani and do something different. I wish I had more money to buy new polish but there are still plenty of other marbles yet to be created! So until tomorrow my lacquer lovers!

- Tulip

No comments:

Post a Comment